Confined Space using Rope Access
Working in a confined space environment carries additional difficulties that extend further than just related to the lack of space.
Contract Abseiling Ltd. conducts industrial rope access work strictly to the Approved Code of Practice, Regulations and Guidance and to The Confined Spaces Regulations act 1997.
These regulations contain the following key duties:
- Avoid entry to confined spaces, e.g. by doing the work from the outside
- if entry to a confined space is unavoidable, follow a safe system of work; and
- put in place adequate emergency arrangements before the work starts
Contract Abseiling's rope access technicians have all received rescue and confined space training. A thorough risk assessment and method statement (RAMS) are designed specific to the project site itself and working hand in hand with your Health and Safety department to agree that all the vital precautions have been covered and a fail safe system is in place.
Did you know :
- Acceptable oxygen concentration range is tested at every interval deemed necessary. Typical range is between 19.5% and 21%. Work must not be undertaken if the oxygen concentration is outside this range.
- Wearing PPE and RPE can contribute to heat stress. Contract Abseiling's IRATA Level 3 Confined space technicians will assess each phase of the project.
Please contact us on 0800 920 2022. Our site visits and quotations are provided FREE. We abseil high rise buildings mainly in London but work all over the UK.
Post your project using our online enquiry form.